The history of KSG Agro development
Creation of the first enterprise
- the first enterprise of the Group was created - ATD "Dniprovskyi", with a land bank of about 5 thousand hectares
Development of agricultural business
- the shareholders decided to concentrate their efforts on the development of agricultural business
the shareholders decided to concentrate their efforts on the development of agricultural business
- increase of controlled land bank to 24,000 hectares, acquisition of enterprises "Scorpion", "Soyuz-3", "Honcharove" and "Southern SG LLC"
- creation of PUAH-2 and signing of long-term lease agreements for approximately 1,000 hectares
- renewal of the existing fleet of agricultural machines and replacement of obsolete elements. The total amount of investment in new equipment amounted to 5 million US dollars, the financing was mainly through leasing
- joining the bank of about 1.5 thousand hectares in the Khmelnytskyi region, thanks to the purchase of the Agro-Dnister company. Agricultural land in this region is an experimental base for implementing the "remote agriculture" model and expanding the borders of the target region. The model assumes the use of the same fleet of machines.
The start of the vegetable project
- start of vegetable growing project on 36 ha
- growing vegetables, fruits and supplying food to retail chains
Launch of full-scale production of vegetables
- launch of full-scale vegetable production on 56 hectares of land using capillary irrigation and a vegetable storage warehouse with a capacity of about 1,200 tons
Initial placement of shares (IPO), launch of 2 technological lines for the production of biofuel
- launched a pilot project on the use of anhydrous ammonia by holding farms
- the holding made an initial public offering (IPO) on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. 33% of the company's shares were sold for more than $40 million.
- the profit of the agricultural holding in 2011 increased by 2.8 times to $ 28.2 million compared to $ 10 million in 2010
- the group doubled the land bank, which reached 61 thousand ha
- the holding became the winner in the "Best agro-industrial economy of Dnipro region" nomination of the regional competition "Svitoch Prydniprovya - 2011", which is introduced by the Dnipropetrovsk regional state administration and the regional council.
- the agricultural holding acquired a 50% share in the livestock complex, which after reconstruction will amount to 240,000 heads per year
- increased warehouses for grain storage from 30,000 tons to 60,000 tons, car park - from 334 units of equipment to 584 units
- a warehouse with a microclimate for storing vegetables with a volume of 2.8 thousand tons was built, which increased the total capacity of storing vegetables to 4 thousand tons.
- put into operation two technological lines for the production of biofuel - pellets with a total capacity of 7 thousand tons.
Land bank increase, agreements with Polish Energy Partners and Big Dutchman Pig Equipment GmbH
- arable land increased by 31 thousand hectares, and the total land bank reached 92 thousand hectares
- revenue increased to 37.2 million dollars. Compared to 2011
- the company's gross profit increased by 41% from USD 13.9 million. in 2011 to 19.6 million dollars. in 2012
- KSG Agro and Polish Energy Partners signed two cooperation agreements. According to the first agreement, the PEP Group provides the KSG Agro group of companies with technical know-how for the implementation of technological lines and the supply of equipment for the biofuel production plant. The second agreement indicates the supply of the plant's products, straw fuel pellets, to the PEP Group
- For the second time, KSG Agro received the honorary title of "Agrarian Elite" of the special issue of The Ukrainian Farmer magazine about 100 successful agro-industrial companies of Ukraine
- signed agreements on the supply of equipment with the company Big Dutchman Pig Equipment GmbH - the leading global leader in the production of equipment for poultry farms and pig farms
- for a significant personal contribution to the development of domestic entrepreneurship, strengthening the industrial potential of the state and many years of conscientious work, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the KSG Agro agricultural holding Serhiy Kasyanov was awarded the Order of Merit II degree by the Decree of the President of Ukraine
- KSG Agro became one of the 90 largest companies of the European level, which were presented at the first large-scale international business forum "Investment wave - 2012"
Imported 3 thousand sows and boars of Danish breeding
- KSG Agro acted as a partner of the Polish-Ukrainian stock exchange forum, organized in the building of the Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE) by the Polish-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce together with the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Poland, as well as the Board of the WSE.
- the agricultural holding brought in two stages about 3 thousand sows and boars of Danish breeding and placed them in a renovated pig complex
- The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine (CCIP) awarded Serhiy Kasyanov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the KSG Agro agricultural holding, with the "Golden Sign of Mercury" award for his significant personal contribution to the development of entrepreneurship and fruitful cooperation with the CCIP
- the first piglets from sows of Danish breeding were born at the pig complex in Niva Trudova
- Thanks to the pilot project for growing crops under irrigation (on 400 hectares of cultivated areas in the Dnipropetrovsk region and on 1,100 hectares in the Crimea), high results were obtained for the corn harvest
- according to the results of 2013, the company increased its consolidated revenue by 56.3% to $58.184 million.
Presentation of the new development strategy
- At the last meeting with investors in Warsaw, KSG Agro presented a new development strategy. It is based on concrete steps to reduce the credit burden, as well as investing in the most promising projects, primarily in the field of pig farming and bioenergy
- technologies implemented at the pig complex (in particular, the formulation of pig feeding at all stages) allow to increase the average weight of fattening pigs from 110 kg to about 125 kg at the age of 165 days
- Agroholding raised rental rates for owners of land shares by 30%
- the company ceased operations in the occupied Crimea, ceasing to control about 28,000 hectares of land
- KSG Agro started exporting flour of its own production to China
- the holding completed the reconstruction of the first stage of the pig complex, located in the village of Niva Trudova (Dnipropetrovsk region), and designed for 4.5 sows and 120,000 pigs per year. The company invested about 16 million euros in the reconstruction.
Agroholding entered the TOP-20 of the FORBES rating
- during the trip to the USA, the delegation of the KSG Agro holding held meetings with the management and participants of the Illinois Pork Producers Association, as well as Iowa agricultural enterprises. Among the issues discussed are the latest production technologies, quality control approaches, increasing the efficiency of pig farming, veterinary techniques, the reproductive cycle and fattening of pigs.
- during a meeting of the headquarters of the territorial defense battalion "Prydniprovya" with the heads of enterprises and local self-government bodies of the Dnipropetrovsk district of the Dnipropetrovsk region, the chairman of the Board of Directors of the KSG Agro holding Serhiy Kasyanov received thanks for the support of the Ukrainian army
- signed an agreement (memorandum) on loan restructuring with Ukrsotsbank (Kyiv, TM UniCredit Bank) for an amount equivalent to about $7 million.
- started the process of restructuring the Group's loans in Bank "Credit Dnipro" for an amount equivalent to USD 6.5 million
- the agricultural holding entered the TOP-20 of the FORBES ranking of the most efficient agricultural companies
Admission to the membership of the European Business Association (EBA), pork supplies to Georgia
- KSG Agro is accepted as a member of the European Business Association (EBA)
- The company and international creditors (including export credit agencies, banks and international suppliers) have signed preliminary letters of intent (LOI) related to debt restructuring for a total amount of about USD 20 million
- KSG Agro Holding took the initiative of a partnership of local communities and businesses to convert boiler rooms of public sector facilities - from gas to biologically renewable fuel - pellets. The company started a project to modernize the boiler room at the Novopokrovsk School. Operation of the new boiler house, which allowed the community to save about UAH 400,000. for the heating season.
- Pig business KSG Agro has successfully passed the inspection of the National Food Agency of the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia and received permission to supply pork to Georgia.
- The holding entered the TOP-10 of the "Reputational Activists" corporate reputation management quality rating
- KSG Agro and Ukrsotsbank (Unicredit Group) successfully completed the credit restructuring process
Large-scale cooperation with TerraMax (USA), Titan Machinery, Agri Farmer
- KSG Agro and TerraMax (USA), one of the world leaders in the production of inoculants, decided to start a large-scale cooperation in the field of using biological preparations
- In partnership with the NGO "Ukrsorgo", farms belonging to KSG Agro sowed 617 hectares of sorghum and plan to expand the sown areas in the future
- KSG Agro purchased new agricultural machinery manufactured by Titan Machinery Inc. - Agri Farmer telescopic loaders, Case IH Steiger 600 crawler tractor, Great Plains 4000 TM (Turbo Max) pre-sowing tillage units and vertical tillage - Great Plains Max-chisel
- The total volume of biofuel heat generation of KSG Agro agricultural holding compared to the heating season of 2016-2017 increased by 52% - from 4.25 to 6.45 MW
Sown areas have increased, sales of pig products have increased
- KSG Agro in partnership with the Myroniv Wheat Institute named after V.M. Remesla, cooperating with the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine, took part in the program to expand the range of use of wheat and barley varieties of the Myronivska selection
- According to the results of 2018, the amount of sales of pig farming products of the agricultural holding KSG Agro increased by 6.3% compared to 2017 and reached about UAH 403 million
- In 2018, farms included in the agricultural holding increased the area sown under sorghum by 43%
Investments in the construction of a new building of the pig complex
- In the heating season of 2018-2019, KSG Agro increased heat generation on biofuel by 37% - up to 8.35 MW
- KSG Agro invested UAH 11 million. in the construction of a new brooder housing on a pig complex for 714 heads
- Agroholding increased the credit line at TAS Bank by 54% to $3.55 million.
Increase in export of agricultural products
- Increasing the production of compound feed thanks to the disk grain crusher manufactured by the Danish company SKIOLD
- KSG Agro took the first place among the most efficient public agricultural holdings in the TOP-100 rating
- Completion of the fattening shop construction at the pig complex
- The income from the sale of pigs exceeded the income from crop production
- Start the project to renew the pig population by purchasing about 1,000 sows of Danish Dunbred genetics
- Increase in the export of agricultural products by 46% according to the results of 2020
Launch of own line for the production of packaged pork. 5th position in the TOP-10 agricultural holdings
- Launch of own line for the production of packaged pork in Dnipro
- KSG Agro entered the Corporate Governance Index in Ukraine compiled by Ward Howell Ukraine. WHU-50 is a list, in which the leading Ukrainian companies are presented from the point of view of the corporate governance development
- The rating committee of RA Expert-Rating decided to assign a long-term credit rating to KSG Agro as folows: on the national scale – at the level of uaA+, on the international scale of the agency – at the level of BBB
- The first batch (about 200 heads) of pedigree pigs of Canadian Genesus genetics arrived at the pig complex
- KSG Agro took the 5th position in the TOP-10 agricultural holdings of the National Quality Rating of Corporate Reputation Management "Reputational ACTIVISTS-2021"